Thursday 17 November 2005

Disenfranchisement?

I came across Who Should You Vote For? and tried their Conservative Leadership quiz... well obviously I came up for Cameron:

Your expected outcome: Cameron


Your actual outcome:

Davis -6

Cameron 6


You should support: David Cameron


Well fair enough I suppose... but with questions like:

The Conservative leader should never have taken illegal drugs...

and

The Convervative leader should have military experience...

...I can't help[ but feel the objectivity and the point of the quiz was totally defeated. Any idiot (like me) can go on there a blatantly answer the questions in manner which guarantees you will end up with your preffered candidate. They either haven't put any effort into researching either candidate very well or don't care about trying to do something useful with the quiz.

Any person who has a vote for the contest (ie party members) will know most of the answers for their candidate of choice - what I expected was some sort of revelation.... maybe I expect too much.

No comments: